Vegetarians are likely increasingly popular in India, but other countries have also increased in vegetarianism in recent years. vegetarian diet are great option for weight loss reason is they are healthy and low calories and high in fiber.
This kind of diet plan or meal plan has lower risk of any disease and helps to weight loss and help to maintain.
If you are eating lots of refined carbs then you find it difficult to lose weight on a vegetarian diet. But a vegetarian weight loss meal plan makes it easy to eat your veggies and lose weight fast.
In this articles review that how to lose weight on a vegetarian diet.
What is a vegetarian diet?
Vegetarian diets exclude meat, with other non-vegetarian foods. In India some people follow this diet for religious or ethical reasons and while in other countries people are drawn for their health benefits and weight loss benefits.
There are some types of vegetarian diet like:
- Lacto-vegetarian: This category allows dairy but excludes eggs, and other non vegetarian food.
- Lacto-ovo-vegetarian: This category allows eggs but excludes meat, fish, and other non-veg foods.
- Ovo-vegetarian: This allows eggs but excludes dairy, meat, fish and other non-veg foods.
- Vegan: This vegetarian diet excludes all animal products, including dairy, honey, eggs etc.
Vegetarian diet plans are chosen by people according to their body weight and how much calories they want to eat and burn.
Other plant based meal plan eating patterns also help to lose weight. But in vegetarian diets typically people focus on fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts and seeds. Basically eatin rich fiber, micronutrients, and beneficial plant compounds which are lower in calories, fat, and animal foods.
While following a diet for a long time emphasizes nutrient rich food, they linked to a reduced risk of heart diseases, diabetes, cancers, and helps to lower the blood pressure.
Great tips for lose weight on a vegetarian diet
People may used many strategies can help promote weight loss on a vegetarian diet, including:
- Fill your plate with non-starchy vegetables:
- High protein at every meal and snack:
Try to have high protein vegetarian foods including beans, nuts, seeds, eggs, dairy products and other protein dense foods. Which helps you stay active the whole day.
- Fullness boosting foods:
Opting for complex carbs food helps to feel satisfied. Food includes whole grains, starchy vegetables, fruits and legumes.
- Eating mostly whole foods
Unprocessed foods, such as whole fruits and vegetables, do not have any unnecessary ingredients.
- Always eat limited quantity food
Eating in quantity helps you from overeating problems and it is also good for cutting off calorie intake which helps to lose weight.
- Limiting highly processed or fried foods
Avoid meat, frozen foods, wafers and other high processed junk foods because they are unhealthy additives, extra salt and added flavor or sugar.
Balanced vegetarian diet that emphasizes whole foods and limits refined carbs and highly processed foods may help you lose weight.
But, not only following diet you have to follow proper sleep, hydration and exercise which is an important contributor for weight loss.
Weight loss diet for vegetarian (Foods)
If you want to lose weight in a month you have to choose a vegetarian diet that is rich in whole, less processed plant foods.
It depends on you which types of vegetarian diet you follow or you can add eggs for protein.
Here are the clean eating vegetarian foods which helps you weight loss include:
- Fruits: berries, oranges, apples, kiwifruits, bananas, avocados and grapes.
- Whole grains: Brown rice, basmati rice, bulgur wheat, farro etc.
- Beans and legumes: Black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans etc.
- Nuts and seeds: cashews, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, almonds, walnuts, pistachios and nut butters.
- Non starchy vegetables: Broccoli,cauliflower, mushrooms, tomatoes, carrots, cucumber and bell pepper.
- Starchy vegetables: Potatoes, corn, green peas etc.
- Healthy fat and protein: For healthy fat include avocados, olive oil, coconut, cheese and peanut butter. And for protein include eggs, greek yogurt, beans, soya chunks, and nuts seeds.
You can also have healthy beverages like green tea, black coffee or tea.
Vegetarian meal plan for weight loss (in a month)
Simple 1200 calories vegetarian diet plan for both 5 and 7days.
Vegetarian meal plans are divided into four parts: breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.
- Breakfast: Peanut butter with brown bread, medium size apples, oats and in veggies cinnamon.
- Lunch: leafy green salad, tomatoes, some avocados, brown rice.
- Dinner: soups, whole grain breads and side salads.
- Snacks: dark chocolates and dry fruits.
- Breakfast: coconut water, walnuts, oatmeal, raspberries.
- Lunch: vegetable soup, pinto beans, brown rice, tomatoes.
- Dinner: zucchini noodles with marinara, sunflower seeds.
- Snack: cheese or orange.
- Breakfast: Pineapple, boiled eggs with avocados, plain greek yogurt.
- Lunch: whole wheat veggie wrap, lemon roasted vegetables bowls.
- Dinner: whole grain pasta, shredded parmesan cheese.
- Snack:Small Rice cake with peanut butter or peanut butter balls.
- Breakfast: Unsweetened almond milk, spinach, frozen berries, and bana
- Lunch: Crushed boiled eggs salad with veggies, carrots.
- Dinner: tofu, broccoli, brown rice.
- Snack: protein bars, protein cookies.
- Breakfast: avocados, eggs toast, raspberries, oatmeal with raw honey.
- Lunch: half fry eggs, salad with salad, cheese.
- Dinner: mushrooms with veggies, sweet potatoes,
- Snack: brownie, black chocolate.
- Breakfast: toast veggies sandwiches (brown bread), orange juice, grapes.
- Lunch: vegetarian tikka masala, fruit salad.
- Dinner: vegan tacos, veggies wrap, omleats.
- Snack: dry fruit, strawberries.
- Breakfast: hard boiled eggs, apples, greek yogurt.
- Lunch: whole wheat veggie wrap.
- Dinner: mushrooms quinoa veggie burger with soy sauce.
- Snack: butternut squash, orange.
These meal plans and snacks help you get started and vegetarian eating for a month affects starting losing your weight.
Food to avoid on a vegetarian diet meal plan
When you get started with vegetarian diet meal plan for weight loss you have to limit plant based processed foods.
You should limit or avoid the processed food include:
- Refined carbs: white bread, white pasta, pizzas.
- Highly processed food: veggie or meat burger, frozen beverages or meals, desserts.
- Sugar foods: candy, pastries, sodas, sweet tea etc.
- No meat for 30 days weight loss.
Also avoid eating continuously or large portions of food.